Tacos are everyone’s basic go to meal and I love them! The reason tacos are so good is because you can make up so many varieties, making them “healthy” or “not-so-healthy” depending on what your taste buds are craving that moment. They are the perfect meal for social gatherings or quick last minute meal to put together for the family. I personally like to pair mine with a margarita. If I’m going to have a margarita, I like to make a taco more on the healthier side to compensate for the calories. These tacos are so basic and simple, only 3 ingredients that you probably have in your pantry right now! How do you like to eat your tacos? If you try this recipe let me know what you think!
Cook time: 30 min
Portion size: 8-10 tacos
Calories: 250 kcal/taco as is
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 head of purple cabbage
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- Corn Tortillas
- Hot sauce
- Grill chicken for 10-15 minutes until internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
- When chicken is fully cooked, allow it to cool to touch
- While chicken is cooling, chop 1/2 head of purple cabbage into strips. (fact: purple cabbage is full of antioxidants, works as an anti-inflammatory, supports cardiovascular and digestive health!)
- Chop desired amount of cilantro and place in bowl
- Once chicken is cooled bring to cutting board, chop chicken into pieces and then shred to desired thickness.
- Separate the ingredients into individual bowls, taco bar style, to allow people to make their own taco
- Add desired amount of chicken, cabbage and cilantro to 1 or 2 or 3 corn tortillas- whatever your hungry for. Add hot sauce if desired and ENJOY!